About the Event

The event comprises:

- Swim 750 m (in the cold water of Hartlepool Marina!)

- Cycle ~20 km (from Hartlepool Marina to Seaton Carew 3 times)

- Run 5 km (around the Marina)


I did the swim by myself with Benjamin supervising from the shore.

For the Cycle, we used our special tandem - a Hase Pino. I aspire to Benjamin helping with the pedalling, but he rarely does, unless I am trying to stay still and talk to someone!

For the run we used Benjamin's cross country wheelchair - an Advance Mobility Freedom chair.


Monday 12 August 2013

Learning to Swim 2

Went to Mill House for another swimming practice with Laura tonight.   It was much busier than on Friday, so it was a bit more difficult to get into a rhythm.  Still, tried to do front crawl again.   Made over 2.5 lengths before I ran out of oxygen, which was a bit better than last time, but had to complete the 1000 m using breaststroke.

Halfway through the session they put a barrier across the bottom of the pool, so we had to try to re-calculate the number of lengths we had to do while exercising.   Mental arithmetic is really hard when exercising!

Conclusion is still that I am rubbish at swimming.....I sense a last place coming on!

No comments:

Post a Comment