About the Event

The event comprises:

- Swim 750 m (in the cold water of Hartlepool Marina!)

- Cycle ~20 km (from Hartlepool Marina to Seaton Carew 3 times)

- Run 5 km (around the Marina)


I did the swim by myself with Benjamin supervising from the shore.

For the Cycle, we used our special tandem - a Hase Pino. I aspire to Benjamin helping with the pedalling, but he rarely does, unless I am trying to stay still and talk to someone!

For the run we used Benjamin's cross country wheelchair - an Advance Mobility Freedom chair.


Friday 6 September 2013

Expectations Management

I am a bit concerned that some people are under the misguided impression that we may do well in this event, so here is a bit of expectations management!
Here I have compared my time budget and more optimistic view of the possibilities against the fastest and slowest competitors in the recent Redcar Triathlon, which is the same distance (http://www.trihard.co.uk/Results/Redcar%20Prov%20Results%202013.xls).

PhaseMy BudgetMy Optimistic ViewRedcar Tri fastestRedcar Tri slowest
Swim30 min 20 min8 min22 min
Cycle60 min 50 min32 min55 min
Run30 min 20 min17 min43 min (outlier - others at 36 min)
Total120 min90 min57 min120 min (113 min)

So you can see, Sharon (and one or two others!), my challenge is to see if  I can avoid being last in this event - not to do well!

No comments:

Post a Comment