No exercise now - we are concentrating on the resting and eating part of preparation, and I think this is an aspect of sport that we are particularly good at.....
I had double jacket potato with my tea and am having pasta for supper to build me up. Thought I should maybe avoid beer though...
It is going to be an early start in the morning - alarm at 04:50 for breakfast at 0500 to give me time to digest it before the 0800 kick off, so I thought I should pack everything up tonight ready, because my brain may not work at that time of the morning.
I haven't packed the cycling kit because the plan is that I will cycle down to the docks on the tandem to register early, then Sandie will bring Benjamin down in the car just before the start. So what I have in by bag is:
- Bottles of drink
- A few energy gells
- Some sliced mars bars for Benjamin
- Nylon t-shirt for under the wetsuit.
- Sports watch.
- Number belt and safety pins.
- Running socks.
- Running shoes with elastic laces.
- Emergency £20 note in case we run out of oomph and have to stop at the pub (pity it starts at 0800 on a Sunday - we will have a long time to wait).
- I will have my cycling top, cycling shorts and cycling shoes on for the ride down.