About the Event

The event comprises:

- Swim 750 m (in the cold water of Hartlepool Marina!)

- Cycle ~20 km (from Hartlepool Marina to Seaton Carew 3 times)

- Run 5 km (around the Marina)


I did the swim by myself with Benjamin supervising from the shore.

For the Cycle, we used our special tandem - a Hase Pino. I aspire to Benjamin helping with the pedalling, but he rarely does, unless I am trying to stay still and talk to someone!

For the run we used Benjamin's cross country wheelchair - an Advance Mobility Freedom chair.


Saturday 21 September 2013

Triathlon Preparations

Well, the Triathlon is tomorrow, so we have been doing some final preparations.
No exercise now - we are concentrating on the resting and eating part of preparation, and I think this is an aspect of sport that we are particularly good at.....

I had double jacket potato with my tea and am having pasta for supper to build me up.   Thought I should maybe avoid beer though...

It is going to be an early start in the morning - alarm at 04:50 for breakfast at 0500 to give me time to digest it before the 0800 kick off, so I thought I should pack everything up tonight ready, because my brain may not work at that time of the morning.

I haven't packed the cycling kit because the plan is that I will cycle down to the docks on the tandem to register early, then Sandie will bring Benjamin down in the car just before the start.  So what I have in by bag is:

  1. Bottles of drink
  2. A few energy gells
  3. Some sliced mars bars for Benjamin
  4. Wetsuit
  5. Nylon t-shirt for under the wetsuit.
  6. Towel
  7. Sports watch.
  8. Number belt and safety pins.
  9. Running socks.
  10. Running shoes with elastic laces.
  11. Emergency £20 note in case we run out of oomph and have to stop at the pub (pity it starts at 0800 on a Sunday - we will have a long time to wait).
  12. I will have my cycling top, cycling shorts and cycling shoes on for the ride down.
Sandie is bringing a bag of extra clothes down in the car when she brings Benjamin and the wheelchair.

So, I think we are all ready.  Best of all, the weather forecast for tomorrow is good, so Benjamin will enjoy it - it would have been a bit of an ordeal for him if it was raining - phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment